Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:25:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 222427 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4900 on: January 02, 2024, 04:41:53 PM »

Very few posters on here are pro-Hamas, if you mean by that lauding the acts of October 7.

Quite a few are sympathetic to the Palestinian people, this is not the same thing however.

The only poster I can recall expressing pro Hamas sympathies was MATTROSE and he was immediately banned. As he should've been.
Laki is not banned.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4901 on: January 02, 2024, 04:42:14 PM »

A distinction without a difference, frankly. Especially in terms of British law, where the entire organisation is now proscribed.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4902 on: January 02, 2024, 04:43:59 PM »

Salah Al-Arouri, number 2 in Hamas, was assassinated in Beirut by an airstrike an hour ago.

Let the third Lebanon war begin...

Nah, Hezbollah made it clear a while ago that they’re smart enough not to join Hamas’ suicide mission.  They’ll likely launch some rockets as well as huff and puff a bit, but no more than that.  Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, but Israel could still wipe them out without breaking a sweat if push truly came to shove. 
Israel has already lost a war to Hezbollah: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Lebanon_conflict_(1985%E2%80%932000)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4903 on: January 02, 2024, 04:56:41 PM »

What type of cold heartless monster would show such a lack of empathy for their fellow humans? It’d be like if someone on this site called a well documented massacre of a village fake news or dismissed a documented report by the UN on war crimes happening in a country and then did a fake humanitarian virtue signaling bit on the bodies of dead Palestinians

You stalking me won't hold Bakhmut for Ukraine. It also has nothing to do with the topic.

You are no better than the all West all the time Ukraine/Israel hypocrites. Your entire worldview is motivated by campism.

Ukraine and Palestine are by and large the victims of their respective conflicts. Hindsight gets this, and in time, so will the historical consensus.

It seems to me 2024 will be a terrible year in both fronts, with Putin's Russia slowly gaining ground in its war of attrition and Netanyahu's Israel perpetrating one of the most horrifying massacres in contemporary history. Add to these "geopolitical events" Trump's likely victory in November
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4904 on: January 02, 2024, 04:58:39 PM »

What type of cold heartless monster would show such a lack of empathy for their fellow humans? It’d be like if someone on this site called a well documented massacre of a village fake news or dismissed a documented report by the UN on war crimes happening in a country and then did a fake humanitarian virtue signaling bit on the bodies of dead Palestinians

You stalking me won't hold Bakhmut for Ukraine. It also has nothing to do with the topic.

You are no better than the all West all the time Ukraine/Israel hypocrites. Your entire worldview is motivated by campism.

Ukraine and Palestine are by and large the victims of their respective conflicts. Hindsight gets this, and in time, so will the historical consensus.

It seems to me 2024 will be a terrible year in both fronts, with Putin's Russia slowly gaining ground in its war of attrition and Netanyahu's Israel perpetrating one of the most horrifying massacres in contemporary history. Add to these "geipolitical events" Trump's likely victory in November

And Trump is a strong supporter of both Israel and Russia, part of his evil "might makes right" mentality.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4905 on: January 02, 2024, 05:03:08 PM »

Salah Al-Arouri, number 2 in Hamas, was assassinated in Beirut by an airstrike an hour ago.

Nah, Hezbollah made it clear a while ago that they’re smart enough not to join Hamas’ suicide mission.  They’ll likely launch some rockets as well as huff and puff a bit, but no more than that.  Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, but Israel could still wipe them out without breaking a sweat if push truly came to shove. 
Israel has already lost a war to Hezbollah: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Lebanon_conflict_(1985%E2%80%932000)

That wasn’t a true push comes to shove/all-in war, certainly not for Israel.  In any case, if Hezebollah thought there was any chance they could tip the balance, they would’ve attacked Israel too as Hamas by its own admission believed they would.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4906 on: January 02, 2024, 05:09:16 PM »

Nah, Hezbollah made it clear a while ago that they’re smart enough not to join Hamas’ suicide mission.  They’ll likely launch some rockets as well as huff and puff a bit, but no more than that.  Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, but Israel could still wipe them out without breaking a sweat if push truly came to shove.

That wasn’t a true push comes to shove/all-in war, certainly not for Israel.  In any case, if Hezebollah thought there was any chance they could tip the balance, they would’ve attacked Israel too as Hamas by its own admission believed they would.
Hezbollah getting involved directly is not wise, especially with the reality that it would only encourage greater US backing.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4907 on: January 02, 2024, 05:21:03 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 05:34:38 PM by Velasco »

It seems to me 2024 will be a terrible year in both fronts, with Putin's Russia slowly gaining ground in its war of attrition and Netanyahu's Israel perpetrating one of the most horrifying massacres in contemporary history. Add to these "geopolitical events" Trump's likely victory in November

And Trump is a strong supporter of both Israel and Russia, part of his evil "might makes right" mentality.

I'm afraid Western democracies will leave Ukraine to its own devices, in a similar fashion they're giving Israel free hands in Gaza. We won't emerge unscathed.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #4908 on: January 02, 2024, 06:15:00 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 09:43:17 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

IDF 2024 Resolutions

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1nGaWYv8uk/

Godspeed to these men and women, the bravest of soldiers.

bilaps
« Reply #4909 on: January 02, 2024, 07:07:03 PM »

IDF 2024 Resolutions

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1nGaWYv8uk/

Godspeed to these men nd women, the bravest of soldiers.

lol
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #4910 on: January 02, 2024, 08:33:10 PM »

It seems to me 2024 will be a terrible year in both fronts, with Putin's Russia slowly gaining ground in its war of attrition and Netanyahu's Israel perpetrating one of the most horrifying massacres in contemporary history. Add to these "geipolitical events" Trump's likely victory in November

The left’s mentality that “weakness makes right” is far more evil.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4911 on: January 02, 2024, 09:07:03 PM »

Israeli ministers keep saying the quiet part out loud again:

Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4912 on: January 02, 2024, 09:12:40 PM »

This guy is basically Israel’s version of Marjorie Taylor Greene. Don’t take it seriously.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4913 on: January 02, 2024, 09:19:46 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2024, 09:22:56 PM by pppolitics »

This guy is basically Israel’s version of Marjorie Taylor Greene. Don’t take it seriously.

These aren't just some far-right lunatics.

Itamar Ben-Gvir is Israel's Ministry of National Security

Bezalel Smotrich is Israel's Ministry of Finance
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4914 on: January 02, 2024, 09:51:58 PM »

It’s different in a parliamentary system where the cabinet doesn’t require senate confirmation and different parties who don’t like each other still join a coalition.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4915 on: January 02, 2024, 10:05:31 PM »

Smotrich is a Titanium HP and so is Ben Gvir.
Israel doesn't deserve to be bedevilled by those two and nor do its subjects in the West Bank or Gaza.
Zionism in its current form, if it has an undoing, if and when it comes, it will in significant degree be because of evil politicians with net value as human beings lying in negative territory. These two men, and the radical and extremist voter base they represent, stand fundamentally against the best interests of Jews and Muslims in the Holy Land alike.
Not that the current government cares about that.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4916 on: January 02, 2024, 10:09:49 PM »

It’s different in a parliamentary system where the cabinet doesn’t require senate confirmation and different parties who don’t like each other still join a coalition.

Has Netanyahu come out to affirm the rights of the Palestinians and reprimanded his ministers?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4917 on: January 02, 2024, 10:26:27 PM »

Bernie Sanders calls on Congress to block funding to Israel

Bernie Sanders, the progressive senator of Vermont, issued a statement Tuesday calling on Congress to block additional funding to Israel amid the war in Gaza, where more than 22,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli attacks after Hamas killed 1,200 people in Israel on 7 October.

“While we recognize that Hamas’ barbaric terrorist attack began this war, we must also recognize that Israel’s military response has been grossly disproportionate, immoral and in violation of international law,” Sanders said.

“Enough is enough. Congress must reject that funding. The taxpayers of the United States must no longer be complicit in destroying the lives of innocent men, women, and children in Gaza.”

Sanders has grown increasingly critical of Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s rightwing government as the military strikes in Gaza have continued. Last month, Sanders introduced a resolution calling on the state department to investigate any potential human rights violations in Gaza, and he also condemned the US veto of a UN security council resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire in Gaza. Days later, the US abstained from a vote on another UN resolution calling for “urgent and extended humanitarian pauses” in the war.

[...]

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/02/bernie-sanders-reject-aid-to-israel
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4918 on: January 02, 2024, 10:36:30 PM »

CityofSinners
Rookie

« Reply #4919 on: January 03, 2024, 06:15:41 AM »

The plan to emigrate 2 million people from Gaza has more holes then Swiss cheese. There are no countries that will take this many people and people won't leave voluntarily.

This proposal is getting traction only because there is nothing else. Under pressure from the USA and arab countries to show any plan this is the best they could come up with.
The current government is trapped with no way out. Either spend billions on Gaza with no end in sight to prevent a humanitarian disaster or watch footage of homeless and starving Gazans being beamed all across the world. Which would be the best recruiting tool Hamas could wish for.

The only way other countries will invest in Gaza outside of direct humanitarian aid is if there is a credible plan for a two state solution. Which the current government will never support.

patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #4920 on: January 03, 2024, 07:24:03 AM »

The plan to emigrate 2 million people from Gaza has more holes then Swiss cheese. There are no countries that will take this many people and people won't leave voluntarily.

I'm quite sure I recall back in October a large number of Gazan civilians attempting to flee to Egypt only to be forcibly blocked from doing so, with only the dual nationals being allowed out.

I would actually have thought that the majority of people there would, given the chance, immediately take the opportunity to leave.
CityofSinners
Rookie

« Reply #4921 on: January 03, 2024, 07:43:18 AM »

I'm quite sure I recall back in October a large number of Gazan civilians attempting to flee to Egypt only to be forcibly blocked from doing so, with only the dual nationals being allowed out.

I would actually have thought that the majority of people there would, given the chance, immediately take the opportunity to leave.

I'm sure a majority would leave given the chance. I'm also sure the people most likely to cause problems in the future won't leave.
That still leaves the problem of which countries exactly are taking 2 million people.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #4922 on: January 03, 2024, 07:50:24 AM »

I'm sure a majority would leave given the chance. I'm also sure the people most likely to cause problems in the future won't leave.
That still leaves the problem of which countries exactly are taking 2 million people.

Few countries tend to voluntarily offer to take refugees but there are plenty which have the ability, e.g. Algeria could manage without difficulty
CityofSinners
Rookie

« Reply #4923 on: January 03, 2024, 07:53:50 AM »

@patzer
After what happened with Jordan and the PLO in the 1970s which country in the Arab world wants to take Gaza refugees in any meaningful number?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4924 on: January 03, 2024, 08:15:42 AM »

indeed, it is extremely hard to survive with large numbers of Palestinians inside your borders
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies