Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:30:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7  (Read 830 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:12 PM »

A huge reason for the trend to the GOP that we have seen among Arabs , Asians and Hispanics is probably inevitable. Many are conservative but were democrats simply cause many moved here in the 1990s and associated the good times with Clinton who was a democrat and the bad times with Bush who was a Republican.

So by the Time they became citizens in the mid to late 2000s , they were democrats simply for that reason . Now that there has been 2 democratic presidents post Clinton and a Republican president post Bush that perception no longer applies so they are voting for the party that fits their belief more.

Anecdotally , the vast majority of Clinton - Trump voters I know were always pretty right wing but when I used to ask them why they voted democratic they said “when I moved here times were great under Clinton and the democrats, then Bush and the Republicans came in and ruined it”. By 2019 that really no longer applied and they moved solidly towards the GOP
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 09:24:11 AM »

If Arab Americans really dislike Biden so much, then by all means let them have President Trump.

You have to be a f'ing moron to think Trump would be some stalwart of Arab relations. You have to be an even bigger f'ing moron to not understand that by withdrawing support for Biden you are directly supporting Trump.

Americans have learned NO lessons from 2016.

And why isn’t it the fault of Joe Biden for being a better president. If Biden was a good president, his case for reelection would be easier
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 02:09:31 PM »

I guess there's some truth in it, but I woder why it just happened now. The same with conservative Hispanics. It's not like Democrats embrace social liberalism since yesterday. Even if they base their voting patterns on economic policy, not much has changed between the parties in a few short years.

What might also be a factor that some Arab Americans and Hispanics (especially Cubans) actually like Trump's strongman attitidude and would prefer an autocratic ruler. It's not a popular thing to admit in public or even discuss it, but in my view that's at least part of the explanation.

Nah, A lot of it is as time passes by memories of the 1990s fade so conservative Hispanics/Asians/Arabs have no reason to vote democratic. Clinton’s second term in particular made many immigrants like the democrats at first and Bush’s second term made many of them become democratic voters in the first election many were were eligible

So really I think much of this was inevitable rather than anything else
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 02:19:34 PM »

I guess there's some truth in it, but I woder why it just happened now. The same with conservative Hispanics. It's not like Democrats embrace social liberalism since yesterday. Even if they base their voting patterns on economic policy, not much has changed between the parties in a few short years.

What might also be a factor that some Arab Americans and Hispanics (especially Cubans) actually like Trump's strongman attitidude and would prefer an autocratic ruler. It's not a popular thing to admit in public or even discuss it, but in my view that's at least part of the explanation.

Nah, A lot of it is as time passes by memories of the 1990s fade so conservative Hispanics/Asians/Arabs have no reason to vote democratic. Clinton’s second term in particular made many immigrants like the democrats at first and Bush’s second term made many of them become democratic voters in the first election many were were eligible

So really I think much of this was inevitable rather than anything else

I doubt this has much to with Clinton and Dubya, whose presidencies are many years in the past. Especially in today's world, 15, 20 or 25 years is many, many, many lifetimes in politics. When it comes to immigrants, I guess it's a missconception all of them are in favor of increased immigration. Some are even more opposed to illegal immigration because they followed the rules and think others should as well.

Well many of them first started voting GOP in 2020 which is when memories of both their presidencies began to fade .

2008 which was the first election when many immigrants who moved in the 1990s could vote was obviously effected by the Bush factor given he was the incumbent

2012 was just 4 years after Bush and Obama along with making Romney seem like this super elitist also pushed how he was the 3rd term of Bush

2016 the democratic nominee was the wife of Bill Clinton

So 2020 really was the first election where a Bush or Clinton hasn’t been a factor in decades
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 08:12:29 PM »

If Arab Americans really dislike Biden so much, then by all means let them have President Trump.

You have to be a f'ing moron to think Trump would be some stalwart of Arab relations. You have to be an even bigger f'ing moron to not understand that by withdrawing support for Biden you are directly supporting Trump.

Americans have learned NO lessons from 2016.

And why isn’t it the fault of Joe Biden for being a better president. If Biden was a good president, his case for reelection would be easier

Trump being by any remotely reasonable objective standard a better present than Biden?? Ay lmao.

Sounds like Smeagol osr who was principal enough not to vote for Trump in 2016 has been taken over by conserveacord Gollum osr

Uh all i was saying is that case would be easier to make if Biden actually did a good job as president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies