Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:56:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot take: much of Biden’s Arab American collapse is unrelated to 10/7  (Read 853 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: April 27, 2024, 01:38:09 PM »

I guess there's some truth in it, but I woder why it just happened now. The same with conservative Hispanics. It's not like Democrats embrace social liberalism since yesterday. Even if they base their voting patterns on economic policy, not much has changed between the parties in a few short years.

What might also be a factor that some Arab Americans and Hispanics (especially Cubans) actually like Trump's strongman attitidude and would prefer an autocratic ruler. It's not a popular thing to admit in public or even discuss it, but in my view that's at least part of the explanation.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 02:13:42 PM »

I guess there's some truth in it, but I woder why it just happened now. The same with conservative Hispanics. It's not like Democrats embrace social liberalism since yesterday. Even if they base their voting patterns on economic policy, not much has changed between the parties in a few short years.

What might also be a factor that some Arab Americans and Hispanics (especially Cubans) actually like Trump's strongman attitidude and would prefer an autocratic ruler. It's not a popular thing to admit in public or even discuss it, but in my view that's at least part of the explanation.

Nah, A lot of it is as time passes by memories of the 1990s fade so conservative Hispanics/Asians/Arabs have no reason to vote democratic. Clinton’s second term in particular made many immigrants like the democrats at first and Bush’s second term made many of them become democratic voters in the first election many were were eligible

So really I think much of this was inevitable rather than anything else

I doubt this has much to with Clinton and Dubya, whose presidencies are many years in the past. Especially in today's world, 15, 20 or 25 years is many, many, many lifetimes in politics. When it comes to immigrants, I guess it's a missconception all of them are in favor of increased immigration. Some are even more opposed to illegal immigration because they followed the rules and think others should as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies