Jill Stein claims “the Jewish people have Poland” (update: she actually said "homeland")
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:01:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Jill Stein claims “the Jewish people have Poland” (update: she actually said "homeland")
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jill Stein claims “the Jewish people have Poland” (update: she actually said "homeland")  (Read 1096 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2024, 10:07:07 AM »

I have no idea how anyone can hear "Poland" here. It's not even ambiguous, she's saying Poland very clearly

I'm pretty sure this is miscaptioned; if you actually listen with the sound on, she says "homeland" not "Poland".
'The Jewish people have homeland' doesn't even make grammatical sense
What's more likely - a person speaking off the cuff made a grammatical error, or she intended to say Poland while pronouncing "homeland" perfectly?

Read your first sentence carefully. Smiley
Hoisted by my own petard, the one petard I thought would never hoist me
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2024, 11:52:46 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is miscaptioned; if you actually listen with the sound on, she says "homeland" not "Poland".
'The Jewish people have homeland' doesn't even make grammatical sense

Yeah she doesn't say the letter "A" and it sounds more like "Poland" than "homeland". Then her people captioned it "Poland". Why are people working so hard to give this Putinist wretch cover? Change back the title, there's absolutely no reason to believe she says "homeland".

No. The thread title is accurate. She is a foul person, no need to lie about what she said to placate your special feelings.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2024, 11:57:03 AM »

Either translation is a vile call for ethnic cleansing.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2024, 12:42:06 PM »

Most of Poland is German homeland so shrug 🤷‍♀️
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2024, 01:34:37 PM »

I've no love lost for Jill Stein, but she very clearly says "homeland" here, and the guy arguing with her even repeats "homeland" back.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2024, 01:37:15 PM »

I've no love lost for Jill Stein, but she very clearly says "homeland" here, and the guy arguing with her even repeats "homeland" back.

I think AltorBotox and Parrotguy need their hearing checked. Maybe they were the friends Eve Barlow was referring to who thought a "free parking" sign really said "free Palestine."
Mr. Ukucasha
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2024, 02:46:53 PM »

Yeah, it sounds like she actually said "homeland." However, the word "homeland" makes no sense in the sentence "the Jewish people have homeland," but the word "Poland" does make sense in the sentence "the Jewish people have Poland." It's a common "anti-Zionist" talking point/slogan to tell the "European Zionist Colonists" of Israel to "go back to Poland."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2024, 08:23:28 PM »

In 2016, Democrats told everyone she was an anti-vaxxer, which was a total lie. It doesn't matter what she does, the Democrats will attack her.
Harlow

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2024, 11:01:32 PM »

Well, she got arrested.

https://www.ksdk.com/video/news/local/jill-stein-among-dozens-arrested-during-pro-palestine-protest-saturday-evening-on-washu-campus/63-3174701a-63b3-4886-afaf-55a5aa5235b2
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2024, 11:06:57 PM »

Saw that on X. Cemented my approval of her campaign this time around. Should she be a write-in option in my state, it's a 95% chance I'll vote for her.
Harlow

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2024, 11:41:02 PM »

Fun fact: this is not the first time Jill has been arrested while campaigning. She was also arrested in 2012 outside a debate at Hofstra.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2024, 11:46:29 PM »

I feel that she was also arrested during a Standing Rock protest, but I may be wrong.
Harlow

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2024, 11:52:09 AM »

I feel that she was also arrested during a Standing Rock protest, but I may be wrong.

She had a warrant out for her arrest in North Dakota, which she bragged about at a campaign event I attended, but wasn't actually arrested.

Amy Goodman, however, was charged and then turned herself in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies