What the hell happened.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:05:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What the hell happened.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What the hell happened.  (Read 925 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2024, 08:32:06 PM »

I would personally oppose the idea of the game shutting down unless we run out of potential candidates. The game should progress down whatever path it's meant to go down.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2024, 11:28:08 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2024, 11:32:25 AM by The world will shine with light in our nightmare »

Fundamentally people hated at the time  but it could work . Basically you’d split Atlasia up into 4-5 nations that each govern itself domestically and could conduct player to player foreign policy . Of course they would have to be uniform rules as well :

- Basic requirements to hold elections in the regions

- no war on Atlasian territory but to nations in Atlasia could go to war with each abroad

- uniform registration rules

- no loss of voting rights in a region without a conviction too

You actually would revitalize the game and see actual foreign policy skill of players too

Somewhat related I wish more Atlasia players would learn and play Diplomacy. It's a great FP simulation that requires a little bit of practice early on (and time and level of interest/dedication - but that's expected for all this stuff) but it involves far more political strategy than what Atlasia normally has, which is more personality-based.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2024, 02:57:53 PM »

I have not paid attention in a looong time and did not even vote (I forgot) but if there is a commited group of players I don't think the game needs to be shut down

I do not know about the bare minimum amount of players, but I'd say it is probably around 10 or so active players to staff all mandatory roles?
Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2024, 07:15:53 PM »

I have not paid attention in a looong time and did not even vote (I forgot) but if there is a commited group of players I don't think the game needs to be shut down

I do not know about the bare minimum amount of players, but I'd say it is probably around 10 or so active players to staff all mandatory roles?

Assuming no Constitutional Amendment:

Game Moderator (3)
President
Vice President
Attorney General-Secretary of Internal Affairs (combined role)
Secretary of State
SoFE/RG (combined role)
Supreme Court (5)
Senators (18)
Lincoln Governor
LGC (3)
Fremont FM
Fremont Parliament (3)
Southern Prince
Southern Vice Prince

41. You could of course have some dual officeholders, shrink the Senate and/or SCOA and/or abolish the regions but this is the current base structure.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies