Israel-Gaza war (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war (search mode)
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 206968 times)
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« on: October 07, 2023, 06:17:07 AM »

Invasion of Gaza?

(honestly we've gotten to the point that 'liberation' would be a more appropriate word, especially from the POV of ordinary Gazans)
I wouldn't be surprised if this expands to Iran given they probably helped
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 06:22:23 AM »

I am still waiting for the collective West media to somehow come up with an argument that Putin is to blame for this.  I can think of the logic to get to that conclusion but I am sure they will come up with something.
no

Like clockwork.  This is the head of https://european-resilience.org/

Stop spamming and go back to cheering Putin on the other thread
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 11:11:08 AM »

Energy prices will surge on Monday.

In the meantime, Biden already ran down the USA strategic oil reserve

Sorry, just felt the need to respond to this.

Neither Israel nor Gaza are oil producing nations. Unless you have news about an incoming attack involving Israel attacking Iran, I don't think Oil Prices will increase all that much.

The breakdown of Israeli and Saudi relations is likely, but I doubt the ongoing diplomatic negotiations were being priced in.
He's a Putin supporter who wants people to experience economic pain. Ignore him.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 11:42:24 AM »

Insane some people here actually want the U.S. to enter the war. Not serious people.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 06:17:35 PM »

Oil up 3%, Treasuries futures up, US equities futures down
I'm sure you're ecstatic. Anything for daddy Vlad
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 10:59:04 AM »

If true, he should resign in disgrace
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 02:03:55 PM »

Well i have no idea, perhaps you're right that it is a fake account. But i'm wondering why it was posted on that Belgian internet forum in that case (which is also moderated to remove fake news etc.)

Please try to think critically about the sources of information you consume and choose to share as truth rather than outsourcing your thinking to the moderators of a Belgian internet forum.

Everyone posts tweets of random people, who is that Walter Bloomberg guy for instance?
You're posting known sh**tposters
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 07:10:58 PM »

In Israel there is talk about RZ and Otzma having to leave the government for the sake of national unity, but I would actually argue it's the Haredim who need to go now. You don't deserve to decide on the (way of) deployment of the army if you fight vehemently to have everyone in the country serve in it except for your own community.
Yeah, I've been wondering if this will be the moment that would finally force the Haredim to do their fair share to defend and support the country that protects their way of life. I agree with them that Torah study should be part of the fabric of a Jewish state, but certainly not at the expense of literally everything else. Their kollelim don't defend themselves.

Military needs are much higher than they were 3 days ago, and Israel can't afford to have 20% of its Jewish population not contributing.

So you want Israel to be even more of a theocracy than it already is.

Do you know what the term "theocracy" means? Because Israel is currently light years away from being one.

But, well, this is a board where everything is also a "genocide" or "ethnic cleansing" these days...

Yes.

The traditional definition is a state ruled by priests in the name of god.

The modern definition is a state ruled by a religious group.
Is Brooklyn a theocracy because there are a large number of Orthodox Jews who study Torah in kollel there?
What are you talking about
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023, 06:40:48 PM »

The "international community" always wants Jewish restraint because it always embraces Jewish victims but it hates Jewish victors.

This is a key point and I'm going to be a little bit deliberately provocative to drive it home.

Back in Roman days, the Jews were arguably the most rebellious of all the peoples under the empire's rule. There were three major revolts; they did impressively well, considering what they were up against, but all failed. After the third one (Bar Kochba's revolt), I've seen it said that the Jewish psyche changed dramatically - became less assertive, more melancholic, more passive and accepting of a seemingly inescapable fate. For 1800 years as we faced a near-constant barrage of persecutions, from the Romans, then the Christians, then the Muslims, then the Christians again, many Jews were surprisingly nonresistant to these horrors, and when resistance did come it was often too little too late. Many Jews even believed that they had earned this awful fate through their ancestors' sins which had led to the toppling of the Temple and through their continued iniquities. In the form of a few sects like Satmar I'd argue this attitude survives today.

In the last couple hundred years, this started slowly changing, but only in fits and starts, and not without resistance from other parts of the Jewish community. I'd argue that Zionism was one of various expressions of this. But this was only a start: it was the Holocaust that really destroyed this inferiority complex once and for all. Jews resisted valiantly at times, but often it was too little too late, sadly (not that it would have changed anything, mind you - don't get the idea that I am blaming Jews for the Holocaust, that is not what I am saying at all).

After that horror, surviving Jews were shattered. Their loved ones had been murdered all around them, and it brought on a psychological reckoning and rethinking on a level that I would argue is really quite unprecedented. We all know the famous cry, "never again". But "never again" is deeper than a lot of gentiles, and even some liberal diaspora Jews, realize.

There are two layers to it. One is the one that everyone knows, the horrified whisper of the shattered victim whose loved ones have been slaughtered by monstrously evil forces on an industrial scale. The one who is forced to bear all the iniquities of the world and continue on to live another day. The one who bears witness to injustice and vows to fight it everywhere, that no one else should ever be forced to go through this ever again. On this level "never again" is a moral imperative, a historical testament.

But there's another layer to it, that I think is overlooked. On this level, "never again" is a call to action, to assert ourselves and never again let the world push us around like their despised plaything. Never again go meekly into the ovens like that all-too-common generalization of "lambs to the slaughter". Never again allow ourselves to descend so deep into self-loathing that we let our enemies keep doing this to us, as if we cannot allow ourselves to believe we deserve better for ourselves. Taken to a certain extreme, this could be described as "do unto others before they can do unto you". This is the new, much more self-assertive Jewishness that you see especially in Israel, where the Jews have been able to come into themselves as a people, finally having their own land, their own state, their own borders, no longer a despised remnant making up a few bare threads in a wider societal fabric that despises their continued presence.

In this sense, "never again" is a call to boldly assert ourselves in our march for a Jewish future far better than anything our ancestors could possibly imagine. It is the clarion call of a people who spent 1800 years being kicked around like dirt, then went to the metaphorical gym, bulked up, and boldly declared that nobody will ever treat them like that again. We live, and our posterity shall live, on and on until the day when finally the Mashiach shall come (may he come speedily in our times).

God commands us to do justice. To be able to do justice now and into the future we must first secure our continued survival, on our own terms. Never again will we sheepishly apologize for the "problems" caused by our existence, our refusal to perish.
Stop speaking for an entire ethnicity.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2023, 12:21:52 PM »

The deliberate killing of children and infants is horrible in any context, of course.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you are compelled to say this explicitly, it might be a good time to reevaluate some things.
"Why aren't you condemning Hamas's war crimes?"
"I condemn Hamas's war crimes."
"Why did you feel the need to condemn Hamas's war crimes?"

"Why aren't you condemning Hamas's war crimes?"

”There’s no evidence war crimes were committed. ‘They’ have been known to lie about crimes committed against them before.”

One day later

”See, the sources are walking it back. ‘They’ clearly made it all up!”

One day later

”Even the President of the United States is lying about seeing photos of the victims. It’s a massive conspiracy, obviously.”

Photos of the victims are made public

”I condemn [generic description of war crimes]…
How dare you question my condemnation of [generic description of war crimes]?"

Yes, that's called healthy skepticism that can be moved one way or another in light of hard evidence (and yes, the claims were walked back by both the IDF and the White House at different times). It's now clear that a Hamas attack on Kfar Aza deliberately murdered children and infants, despite the details previously being fuzzy.  

Every single one of you would have bought WMDs in Iraq hook, line, and sinker. Some of you would have been among the Good Liberals who called for glassing the entire Middle East, I'm sure.
You're making assumptions
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 02:02:51 PM »

27 Americans dead so far
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

This thread is useless. And it's the same people
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 02:04:49 PM »

Abbas cancels Biden meeting. If Israrl did this, they just erased most of the goodwill they gained.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2023, 02:08:48 PM »

You can quote multiple posts in one post
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2023, 07:14:54 PM »

Source

Firstly, this is illegal conquest of territory. Secondly-shrink how? Gaza is small enough as is.

It is not illegal for Israel to invade Gaza
Way to ignore the word "conquest"
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2023, 03:41:54 PM »

How many posts in one day we gonna get to?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 07:49:38 AM »

My god I don't think this new guy realizes he's making Israel look worse
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2023, 11:24:27 AM »

It is a testament to American influence (through President Biden) that Israel is still holding back from a full-scale invasion of Gaza, even after all this time since the initial massacres of October 7th by Hamas militants.  How long has it been -three weeks now?

Not everything is always (entirely) about the US.
In this case, a lot of it is
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 08:49:54 AM »

Netanyahu again blamed the 10/7 attack on his generals. Had to delete the tweet in embarrassment/shame. At least Chamberlain had the patriotic balls to resign when his credibility evaporated lol
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2023, 08:42:29 PM »

I'm beginning to think Netanyahu is going full blood letting in some desperate attempt to regain political capital.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 01:06:16 PM »

The Holocaust Memorial (Yad Vashem) already condemned it. The government is flat out embarrassing themselves at this point. This stunt is particularly bad/insulting. If the Israelis continue with this right-wing joke government, it's their own fault.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2023, 10:10:04 PM »

Wow shoehorned wokeism in that screed
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2023, 11:38:45 AM »

When you're pulling out the old hits, you know you've lost international support
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2023, 12:42:26 PM »

Aww they're frustrated. Maybe they'll send an angry, private text in response.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 09:39:55 AM »

Ohio class submarine spotted in Suez Canal.

US military deploys nuclear-powered submarine in Middle East (FoxNews)

For any military enthusiasts, these are the crème de la crème of submarines.

170m long, 150 Tomahawk Cruise missiles on board and an undisclosed number of nuclear warheads. These things are simply next level instruments of war, a one-third part of the 'Dr Strangelove' suite of nuclear deterrents.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-class_submarine

The US rarely confirms the presence of their nuclear subs, but it is thought between 2-4 travel with each Carrier Strike group.

Looks like they are travelling to the Straight of Hormuz. I can't imagine using them to shoot down drones from Yemeni Houthi's.

I went and watched the news on BBC. I have seen some sad and dreary crap in my life, but never anything as lifeless and hopelessly mundane as their coverage.

Channel 4 is starting to turn pro-Palestinian. They give the Israeli military guys a hard time  but no intelligent questions.

Al-Jazeera was there a month ago. I saw a report on their channel about Hamas having similarities to BLM in the USA?Huh

ABC Australia are anti-Israeli and have been from day 1.

I just want the scientific facts of what is happening. The IDF are publishing some interesting developments, but the Western media are not publishing it or researching their news.

This must have occurred with the Ukraine war where it gets hard to find out what is going on.
The media doesn't owe you good PR. 7,000+ civilians have died and you expect no hard questions? A ing minister proposed nuking Gaza and you want no pushback? That's your barometer of being "pro-Palestine?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies