Israel-Gaza war (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:39:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war (search mode)
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 206958 times)
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« on: October 07, 2023, 10:16:57 AM »

I have long made myself clear that I support the Palestinian cause, however this is no excuse for Hamas to launch attacks on civilians, be it Israeli or Palestinian. I'm praying for the safety of the families of my Palestinian friends in Gaza and praying for the safety our our Israeli posters here.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 12:01:38 PM »

All of this is very sad, and also very unsurprising. This part of the world has been at war for thousands of years and I don't see that ending in the next thousand.
The Middle East wasn't inherently any more violent of a place than, say, Europe, prior to 1945. This current tragedy is the result of decades of deliberate policy choices by the Israeli state.

No , the reason the Middle East is violent is because of radical Islamists who want to destroy all non Islamic religions

LMAO
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 02:23:26 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roof_knocking
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 06:26:53 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 06:39:28 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Using the term "Judea and Samaria" on an international forum is dickish behavior.

I historically used the term West Bank. I will no longer do so after today.

Don't you live in North Carolina?

Yeah. Why would that be relevant?

You're American.

Yep. And I am now using the term Judea and Samaria, just as many Republican politicians do.

Cool. I can't wait till we get Pelosi and Biden to call for Israel to withdraw from the Sanjaks of Qudus and Ghazza
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 06:28:55 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 06:40:55 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

We aren't allowed to discuss all options on this forum, so I will ignore Gaza and simply say that Israel waits 20-30 years to allow its demographic majority to continue to grow and then annexes the West Bank.

So outright ethnic cleansing is what you want? Well, in that case, the Palestinians are COMPLETELY justified in using violence to defend their land in the West Bank from Israeli colonization.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 11:37:55 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 11:41:17 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

At this point I really don't see why Mods aren't letting us have these discussions. If Likud is having this discussion then I think it is worth considering. I am a free speech absolutist, so I do have a much greater tolerance for this kind of stuff even in other fields, but given the circumstances I do think that in the coming days both Israel and certain Western factions may be considering/supporting options like this.

Are you actually out of your fücking mind? Why in Allah's name should genocide and ethnic cleansing EVER be considered an option?
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 11:47:34 PM »

At this point I really don't see why Mods aren't letting us have these discussions. If Likud is having this discussion then I think it is worth considering. I am a free speech absolutist, so I do have a much greater tolerance for this kind of stuff even in other fields, but given the circumstances I do think that in the coming days both Israel and certain Western factions may be considering/supporting options like this.

Are you actually out of your fücking mind? Why in Allah's name should genocide and ethnic cleansing EVER be considered an option?

1. I can't answer on the merits due to moderating policy for the latter. I will say for the former that genocide is always wrong because it takes innocent lives unnecessarily.

2. It should be discussed and freely debated because its going to be a major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days. Israel cannot allow Hamas to freely exist in the Gaza Strip after this, and it cannot afford to permanently occupy the Gaza Strip. That lives only one realistic option, as I believe many already recognize.

Rot in Jahannam you fücking bastard
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2023, 12:00:31 AM »

1. I can't answer on the merits due to moderating policy for the latter. I will say for the former that genocide is always wrong because it takes innocent lives unnecessarily.

2. It should be discussed and freely debated because its going to be a major policy discussion in Israel and the West over the following days. Israel cannot allow Hamas to freely exist in the Gaza Strip after this, and it cannot afford to permanently occupy the Gaza Strip. That lives only one realistic option, as I believe many already recognize.

Yeah I'm not the one cheering on murderers and savages.

What would you do if an enclave of cartel members (backed by 2 million people who enthusiastically supported the cartel members and molested the bodies of captured American women and American soldiers in the street) bombarded New York 24/7? Would you say "sorry, yeah, nothing the US can do"?

What if the US had given them everything they wanted re: their enclave, and even kicked Americans out of their homes to do so, but those cartel members still used that as an opportunity to spend the next two decades raiding the US, and then escalating their raids to the point of invading the US and slaughtering and raping Americans, under the demand the US give the entire Southwest back to Mexico? Would you still say the same thing?

Well for starters, I wouldn't be supporting fücking genocide, unlike you.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2023, 12:04:09 AM »

What would you do if an enclave of cartel members (backed by 2 million people who enthusiastically supported the cartel members and molested the bodies of captured American women and American soldiers in the street) bombarded New York 24/7? Would you say "sorry, yeah, nothing the US can do"?

What if the US had given them everything they wanted re: their enclave, and even kicked Americans out of their homes to do so, but those cartel members still used that as an opportunity to spend the next two decades raiding the US, and then escalating their raids to the point of invading the US and slaughtering and raping Americans, under the demand the US give the entire Southwest back to Mexico? Would you still say the same thing?

Genocide is immoral and wrong because it kills innocent people. I don't support genocide.

And just what the hell do you think "expelling the Gaza strip population" would entail genius?
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2023, 12:06:39 AM »

Genocide is immoral and wrong because it kills innocent people. I don't support genocide.

And what the hell do you think "expelling the Gaza strip population" would entail genius?

Demolishing homes and expelling the population to Egypt, like what happened with Germans after WW2. Let Egypt take care of them, pay for the camps etc, so long as they are at least 100 miles from the Israeli border.

And if they refuse or Egypt refuses to take them in then what buddy? Slaughter them all?
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 12:10:00 AM »

And what the hell do you think "expelling the Gaza strip population" would entail genius?

Demolishing homes and expelling the population to Egypt, like what happened with Germans after WW2. Let Egypt take care of them, pay for the camps etc, so long as they are at least 100 miles from the Israeli border.

And if they refuse or Egypt refuses to take them in then what?

Egypt can't refuse. Once they're past the Egyptian border and Israel is offering to pay for the camps Egypt won't be able to simply let them starve.

And do tell us how you're gonna make them get across the Egyptian border? I'm sure it's not gonna be sunshine and rainbows like you think it's gonna be.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2023, 12:17:27 AM »

Egypt can't refuse. Once they're past the Egyptian border and Israel is offering to pay for the camps Egypt won't be able to simply let them starve.

And do tell us how you're gonna make them get across the Egyptian border? I'm sure it's not gonna be sunshine and rainbows like you think it's gonna be.

Trucks? It won't be any more deaths than an occupation would be anyway, which is what everyone else is proposing, because every 16+ male is going to be trying to suicide bomb Israelis either way. The question is simply whether this happens once or for the next several decades.

And if they refuse to leave their homes to board Israeli trucks with totally peaceful intentions towards them being stranded in Egypt then what? Shoot first, ask questions later?
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 12:24:06 AM »

Trucks? It won't be any more deaths than an occupation would be anyway, which is what everyone else is proposing, because every 16+ male is going to be trying to suicide bomb Israelis either way. The question is simply whether this happens once or for the next several decades.

And if they refuse to leave their homes to board Israeli trucks with totally peaceful intentions towards being stranded in Egypt then what? Shoot first, ask questions later?

Just literally force them on? Same way Hamas forced Israelis on to trucks today, or that Germans were moved in 1946 in a much less justified expulsion.

Well I hope every single one of those Palestinians in that hypothetical scenario of yours resists till their dying breath being forced to leave their home to fulfill your deranged genocidal desires
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »

Hamas is a cancer within the body of the pro-Palestinian cause. This conflict has somehow shoved me further into the "pox on both their houses" position towards the leadership of both sides.
I hope the men who did take pleasure in murdering the children of Moroccan Jews and slaughtering innocent old men understand that their Creator will judge them for their actions.

Indeed, the fires of Jahannam are eagerly awaiting their arrival
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 09:36:48 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2023, 09:40:01 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Quote from:  link=topic=566181.msg9239280#msg9239280 date=1696987337 uid=12093
Why doesn't mossad launch an operation eichmann style raid to grab the hamas top brass in qatar? Seems kind of ridiculous that gaza is being obliterated ostensibly to wipe hamas out while these fat corrupt creeps live in luxury?
hell, even a Muslim that actually cares about Palestinians should want to see their heads off

I think it's pretty fairly well established that the elites in the entire region simply do not give a damn about the average person there
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 11:47:38 PM »

I've been vocal about my distaste for Hamas and my wish that it be completely annihilated, but how come we don't have people chasing down pro-Israel posters ITT demanding that they denounce the IDF's killings of civilians the same way we have demanded that anyone who supports Palestinian independence denounce Hamas? For all the talk of baby murders, a baby dies whether it's shot by Hamas or bombed by the IDF. Civilian deaths in this conflict are already mostly Palestinian, and it's only going to get worse for Palestinians. And please don't give me the "human shields" crap. It is completely impossible that Israel has enough verified Hamas targets to be dropping 1,000 bombs a day for 6 days now with no sign of stopping. Everyone, even Israel, agrees that this is terror bombing.

Because it would be in as bad taste as hounding American posters about the casualties in Afghanistan in 2001. The attacked party gets leeway the attacker doesn't.

Besides, no one is stalking pro-Palestinian posters demanding they condemn it, because 90% of the pro-Palestinian posters were horrified. They're stalking a select few vile war-crime deniers.

Not sure if you forgot about this or not, but Fuzzy literally was, albeit not in this thread
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 02:38:19 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2023, 02:42:20 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

This is insane.
These people should leave. They even have their kids out there, chanting (more or less) "we want to die." Like WTF is that?

If you knew your home was going to be absolutely leveled by an invading force and there would be a good chance you would probably never return back to it, would you not want to at least try to defend it?
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2023, 11:22:52 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2023, 11:26:12 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

If Bibi and his assorted gang of bastards wants to get rid of the Palestinian inhabitants of Gaza for their genocidal vision of a "Second Nakba," then fine, by all means try it. But when the Gazans fire back in return, don't come crying and bitching to the collective West when the bodybags of IDF soldiers keeps rolling in.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 03:49:02 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2023, 04:32:03 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Ultimately, Palestinian liberationism will be defeated only when foreign sympathy for it is completely destroyed.

LMAO

The cause of Palestine will only die when the light of Islam is somehow and some way vanquished off the face of the Earth. Fortunately, that will never happen. EVER.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2023, 12:13:51 PM »

Idk guys, I think this "strangerinthealps" dude might be a Hamas mouthpiece
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2023, 07:54:43 PM »

Shrink the damn image Snowstalker
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2023, 06:56:53 PM »

Saw on the news that the Houthis (One of the three factions controlling parts of Yemen at present) have "declared war" on Israel. Is this real, and if so, does it matter? Yemen isn't exactly close to Israel.

Bibi will surrender immediately
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2023, 09:31:11 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2023, 10:07:03 AM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

I sent Senator AFE and moderator KoppaDaQuick personal messages that they should be ashamed of themselves for openly supporting the terrorists of Hamas. Instead, they should support Israel and the Jewish People, who have been encircled and oppressed and killed for centuries by various enemies and who have every right to defend themselves and go after Hamas terrorists, now and forever!

Hey bud, if I "support" Hamas as you baselessly accuse me of, show me any one of my posts here where I do. I'll wait.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2023, 05:18:25 PM »

So, the outlines are becoming clearer now. Despite the Palestinians winning the war in certain corners of social media and some protests, in the actual situation on the ground the Israelis are winning.

Was anything else ever expected?

And hopefully that means this war can at least be paused soon.

No, I suppose not, and it's likely for the best for the precise reason you stated.

It is somewhat remarkable that the world is witnessing a rather public massacre and not a single Muslim power is able or willing to help Gaza, not even Iran. A big contrast to 1967 or 1973. Despite the agony of the Muslim world, in my view the restraint of Muslim states from becoming directly involved in a conflict against Israel is wise, given the alternative.

I agree wholeheartedly, it is sad to see how far the ummah has fallen.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 12:29:14 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 04:00:39 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Today is the 85th anniversary of the Nazi pogroms against Jews.

The Nazis would likely be proud of Hamas and their stupid supporters today all over the world.

So you ever gonna answer my question after you baselessly slandered me as a "Hamas supporter" or nah?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies