Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:59:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 ... 294
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 206965 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6925 on: April 19, 2024, 01:00:57 AM »

Right or wrong , I will stand with Israel . We are not the French or Germans who made us out to be the villains after 9/11 and we should not forget how that made us feel .

Dogma is very comfortable after all; it saves on critical thinking.

No that’s what being an ally is . The fact is Iran is an enemy and is the main cause for Middle East instability and funds Islamist extremism everywhere. I may disagree with the way Israel decided to handle the situation but Iran is an enemy and we must stand with our ally against Iran .

Islamists hold the third most evil ideology in the modern world after nazism and communism so yes there is no nuance , we must stand firm against the Iranians and that means standing with our Allies

No mate. It's dogma. Your refusal to engage in any sort of critical thinking is emblematic of people so thoroughly wedded to it that they simply cannot compute that someone might disagree.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6926 on: April 19, 2024, 01:02:00 AM »

Right or wrong , I will stand with Israel . We are not the French or Germans who made us out to be the villains after 9/11 and we should not forget how that made us feel .

No that’s what being an ally is . The fact is Iran is an enemy and is the main cause for Middle East instability and funds Islamist extremism everywhere. I may disagree with the way Israel decided to handle the situation but Iran is an enemy and we must stand with our ally against Iran .

Islamists hold the third most evil ideology in the modern world after nazism and communism so yes there is no nuance , we must stand firm against the Iranians and that means standing with our Allies

No mate. It's dogma. Your refusal to engage in any sort of critical thinking is emblematic of people so thoroughly wedded to it that they simply cannot compute that someone might disagree.

At some point too much nuance clouds people mind in determining right from wrong.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6927 on: April 19, 2024, 01:10:32 AM »

At some point too much nuance clouds people mind in determining right from wrong.

And too little-which you are guilty of-leads to black-and-white thinking that makes it easy to turn people into the evil 'other'.

You and others have been doing it with Palestinians for months now.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6928 on: April 19, 2024, 03:57:09 AM »

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #6929 on: April 19, 2024, 12:23:28 PM »

This seems dubious. Dog ownership is uncommon among Muslims for religious reasons, and these soldiers aren't wearing helmets or body armor. I suspect this video was filmed within Israel and that there is more to the story.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #6930 on: April 19, 2024, 01:10:32 PM »

My views on this conflict has changed. I was pro Israel in this conflict until recently as I had a change of heart. The slaughtering of Gaza citizens is utterly repulsive and has to stop. Bibi is a unhinged lunatic who needs resign. His aggression against Syria, Iran and Lebanon has also caused so many people in the west to turn against Israel. This conflict needs to end and their needs to be a two-state solution plan for Israel and Palestine. I now support a ceasefire.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6931 on: April 19, 2024, 02:48:34 PM »

My views on this conflict has changed. I was pro Israel in this conflict until recently as I had a change of heart. The slaughtering of Gaza citizens is utterly repulsive and has to stop. Bibi is a unhinged lunatic who needs resign. His aggression against Syria, Iran and Lebanon has also caused so many people in the west to turn against Israel. This conflict needs to end and their needs to be a two-state solution plan for Israel and Palestine. I now support a ceasefire.

A two state solution can never happen as long as Hamas is in power, why do people not realize this?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6932 on: April 19, 2024, 05:09:30 PM »

A two state solution can never happen as long as Hamas is in power, why do people not realize this?

Really a two state solution can't happen until Iran is willing to accept it as well. Until then Iran will keep funding whatever proxy in their attempt to destroy Israel. Without Iran acting the way they did, we likely have a two state solution by now
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6933 on: April 19, 2024, 05:56:31 PM »

Really a two state solution can't happen until Iran is willing to accept it as well. Until then Iran will keep funding whatever proxy in their attempt to destroy Israel. Without Iran acting the way they did, we likely have a two state solution by now

Without Israel acting the way they have, we also could’ve had a two-state solution. Israel settlements have made it significantly harder to split the land fairly and safely between the two populations, and instead of remedying this issue, Israel keeps doubling down on creating more settlements.

This is one reason why I don’t get the Bibi hate- Israel has been making peace impossible for decades, and it didn’t start with Netanyahu.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6934 on: April 20, 2024, 09:43:33 AM »

Yes, but he has made it very significantly worse. And however hostile his predecessors may have been to Palestinian self-determination, they never palled around with the loony right in the way he has.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6935 on: April 20, 2024, 06:01:47 PM »

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6936 on: April 20, 2024, 06:03:06 PM »

Pretty outrageous, but at least the precedent can be applied to better causes in the future -- like sanctioning British police officers and agencies that censor speech.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6937 on: April 20, 2024, 06:25:59 PM »

Pretty outrageous, but at least the precedent can be applied to better causes in the future -- like sanctioning British police officers and agencies that censor speech.

You are not a serious person.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6938 on: April 20, 2024, 06:45:11 PM »

You are not a serious person.

I fail to see why a precedent that the forces of friendly nations can be sanctioned for rights violations couldn't also apply to the UK?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6939 on: April 20, 2024, 08:25:36 PM »

Over 80% of both branches of the uniparty voted for the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 in the House.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2024152?Page=2
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6940 on: April 20, 2024, 08:45:39 PM »

Over 80% of both branches of the uniparty voted for the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 in the House.

Interesting. The NAY's were from both sides.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #6941 on: April 20, 2024, 09:31:04 PM »

The Pro-Israel AIPAC lobby runs strong. Money talks.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6942 on: April 20, 2024, 09:33:05 PM »

The horseshoe abides.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6943 on: April 20, 2024, 10:29:21 PM »

The horseshoe abides.

It's disappointing to be honest. Hamas is a violent terrorist group that should be eliminated, and I've been pretty consistent on that.

I just hope that a way out of this is found sooner or later.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6944 on: April 21, 2024, 01:52:59 AM »

The horseshoe abides.

In a normal country, pretty much the entire political spectrum would be against giving the Israeli military billions of dollars.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6945 on: April 21, 2024, 02:43:23 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2024, 02:46:43 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

US sending financial aid to Israel sends a resounding message to Israel's enemies.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-vote-ukraine-israel-taiwan-aid-04-20-24/h_6d4baee6dfe8f7b73d666e6c59c12f68

$4 billion for the Iron Dome and David’s Sling missile defense systems
$1.2 billion for the Iron Beam defense system
$4.4 billion to replenish defense items and services provided to Israel
$3.5 billion for the procurement of advanced weapons systems and other items through the Foreign Military Financing Program

The Iron Beam defence system sounds interesting. No doubt the high number of Palestinian missiles fired at Israel has accelerated the development of this system.

The UK have a similar system currently being tested called Dragon Fire.

Dragon Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDOSihhBTio

Ready in 2027.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6946 on: April 21, 2024, 05:24:06 AM »

Israel's missile defence system is the one thing I am unambiguously hardline on here. It's a defensive system meant to shoot down rockets that deranged sociopaths keep firing at them, so yeah, throw whatever money you have at it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6947 on: April 21, 2024, 01:58:12 PM »

Not sure how its so dumb to sanction the British police officer yesterday who threatened to arrest a man for wearing a Jewish Kippah? Isn't that a human right?

Once again FWIW I am ok with the idea of sanctioning that group in normal circumstances but the only reason the sanctioning is happening is because Biden needs to win reelection  after the Hamas terrorist attacks. Said sanctions would not have happened if the Hamas terrorist attack didn't happen.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6948 on: April 21, 2024, 03:15:26 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2024, 04:14:37 PM by YE »

Post removed by moderator.

Not sure how its so dumb to sanction the British police officer yesterday who threatened to arrest a man for wearing a Jewish Kippah? Isn't that a human right?

Once again FWIW I am ok with the idea of sanctioning that group in normal circumstances but the only reason the sanctioning is happening is because Biden needs to win reelection  after the Hamas terrorist attacks. Said sanctions would not have happened if the Hamas terrorist attack didn't happen.

Yeah, as lfromnj notes the British government has pretty heavily repressed freedom of speech, something that in the US that has been essentially always understood to be a right. The fact that the above poster's only response to the idea is insults is something, but it's besides the point. By sanctioning the forces of an ally for alleged rights violations, Biden has opened the door for sanctions in cases with confirmed rights violations elsewhere (and alleged, but definitely confirmed.)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6949 on: April 23, 2024, 12:51:37 AM »

This threads been slowing down lately, why is that? Any updates that I’ve missed?
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 ... 294  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies