Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:54:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 294
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 206992 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6850 on: April 09, 2024, 11:39:45 AM »

Sorry, but anybody genuinely suggesting that anyone who has criticised Israel's conduct of this war is urging them to "surrender" simply betrays their total lack of both seriousness and perspective.

If it is indeed true the remaining hostages are dead, that is both tragic and outrageous. But given the fact one of even Netanyahu's stated war aims is to enable their release, from a purely utilitarian point of view it removes one barrier to a ceasefire rather than the other way around.

This isn't accurate - the hostages are the only way for a ceasefire with Hamas intact. Without the hostages, there's no stopping the IDF from eventually invading Rafah and fighting until Hamas is no longer able to function as the governing force of Gaza (for now).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6851 on: April 09, 2024, 04:40:37 PM »

Hamas likely killed all the hostages.

If that's confirmed, the odds are there is no force on Earth that can force Israel into a surrender.

There never was

No one was ever asking Israel to apart from the insane and-primarily-caricatures of people like me you invented in your own heads. It truly is amazing how the deaths of seven aid workers is seen-somehow-as irrelevant by people.

Get out into the real world every now and then.

Cool, now try responding to something I actually said rather than the insane caricatures you’ve invented in your own head of people like me.  It’s amazing how quick you are to resort to making outlandishly false claims about people you disagree with.

Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #6852 on: April 09, 2024, 06:00:10 PM »

Israel probably unknowingly killed some of the hostages during the bombing campaigns.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6853 on: April 09, 2024, 06:00:48 PM »

Tucker has started to criticize Israel more harshly and some forces on the right are displeased.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6854 on: April 09, 2024, 06:11:59 PM »

Tucker has started to criticize Israel more harshly and some forces on the right are displeased.

Tucker is disgusting
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6855 on: April 09, 2024, 06:15:52 PM »

Tucker is disgusting

Hanania is worse, he said if a minor wanted to sell herself to Epstein for 10 million it should be legal so long as she and both parents agree. Then when he was criticized he called everyone lower class.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #6856 on: April 09, 2024, 06:22:25 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6857 on: April 09, 2024, 06:51:11 PM »

Sorry, but anybody genuinely suggesting that anyone who has criticised Israel's conduct of this war is urging them to "surrender" simply betrays their total lack of both seriousness and perspective.

If it is indeed true the remaining hostages are dead, that is both tragic and outrageous. But given the fact one of even Netanyahu's stated war aims is to enable their release, from a purely utilitarian point of view it removes one barrier to a ceasefire rather than the other way around.

This totally ignores the most important aim of the war, which is to destroy Hamas and deter further attacks. It would be surrender to exit Gaza with that unfinished.

Tell me how Israel destroys Hamas to the point that a Hamas threat of an attack in the year 2030 is zero possibility short of going around and shooting all the 12-year-old boys in Gaza. Seriously, this is the main problem with Israel's strategy in this war. They have an objective there's no possible way they can control and their "day after" plan is at best ambiguous on details and at worst nonexistent, yet they act like this conflict will bring out final resolution. It's all very U.S. in Iraq early '00s.

Bold of you to assume Haley/Ryan wouldn't endorse shooting every 12 year old boy in Gaza.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6858 on: April 09, 2024, 07:00:43 PM »

Tucker is disgusting

Hanania is worse, he said if a minor wanted to sell herself to Epstein for 10 million it should be legal so long as she and both parents agree. Then when he was criticized he called everyone lower class.

I agree that he is even more disgusting then
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6859 on: April 09, 2024, 07:43:52 PM »

Tucker has been an enemy of Israel for a long time, and he started talking about it from far-right approaches - "Why doesn't Israel have open borders while the ADL wants open borders here?" just to name one. If he's switching to more left-friendly talking points, it's because he sees an opening. Same as Candace Owens.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6860 on: April 09, 2024, 10:21:33 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2024, 10:35:40 PM by GoTfan »

Hamas likely killed all the hostages.

If that's confirmed, the odds are there is no force on Earth that can force Israel into a surrender.

There never was

No one was ever asking Israel to apart from the insane and-primarily-caricatures of people like me you invented in your own heads. It truly is amazing how the deaths of seven aid workers is seen-somehow-as irrelevant by people.

Cool, now try responding to something I actually said rather than the insane caricatures you’ve invented in your own head of people like me.  It’s amazing how quick you are to resort to making outlandishly false claims about people you disagree with.

Given how quickly you and others flipped from criticising Israel for killing aid workers to implying that their deaths don't count, I would say I'm taking your posts at face value.

Show me one post where I did that.  Oh wait, you can’t because I never did that.  Given that, I’d say you’re just lying about what I said like you generally do when someone disagrees with you.  It kind of seems to be your go to move these days, but we both knew that already.  I guess it could be that you’re not lying and are merely delusional.  I don’t mean that as a personal attack, I’m just stating a fact.  

I genuinely don’t know if you’re delusional or deliberately lying, but one of those is objectively true given the extent to which this sort of nonsense has been a long-standing and recurring issue with you on both atlas and discord alike.  Anyway, onto ignore you go!

Oh no. How will I survive this devastating announcement.

EDIT: Okay, on second thought, this was unfair. I apologise.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6861 on: April 10, 2024, 06:29:33 AM »

Some are suggesting Trump might follow Carlson and Owens in pivoting to a more anti-Israel stance. Though unlike them, he depends crucially on the support of evangelical Christians for his electoral coalition - and they are arguably the most fanatically pro-Israel group of all.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6862 on: April 10, 2024, 07:52:53 AM »

Some are suggesting Trump might follow Carlson and Owens in pivoting to a more anti-Israel stance. Though unlike them, he depends crucially on the support of evangelical Christians for his electoral coalition - and they are arguably the most fanatically pro-Israel group of all.

Yep, and he obviously relies heavily on Ivanka and Kushner to manage him (since I barely believe he can tie his shoes by himself).
Open Source Intelligence
United States
« Reply #6863 on: April 10, 2024, 08:52:09 AM »

This totally ignores the most important aim of the war, which is to destroy Hamas and deter further attacks. It would be surrender to exit Gaza with that unfinished.

Tell me how Israel destroys Hamas to the point that a Hamas threat of an attack in the year 2030 is zero possibility short of going around and shooting all the 12-year-old boys in Gaza. Seriously, this is the main problem with Israel's strategy in this war. They have an objective there's no possible way they can control and their "day after" plan is at best ambiguous on details and at worst nonexistent, yet they act like this conflict will bring out final resolution. It's all very U.S. in Iraq early '00s.

Bold of you to assume Haley/Ryan wouldn't endorse shooting every 12 year old boy in Gaza.

"Take disconnected person I don't like, assign to him/her an assumption they would do a horrid act to attempt to sidestep the point made and take the argument on a tangent, then hit enter."

Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6864 on: April 10, 2024, 11:05:22 AM »

The hostages may be dead, Hamas is definitely vile enough to kill them. Very possible. But why? They have every incentive to keep them alive, no valid reason to kill them.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6865 on: April 10, 2024, 11:37:21 AM »

The hostages may be dead, Hamas is definitely vile enough to kill them. Very possible. But why? They have every incentive to keep them alive, no valid reason to kill them.

Sadly, self-sabotage (and sabotage of the entire community they claim to represent) has been a key trait of groups like this for decades. Not just among the Palestinian cause, either - terrorists really seem to believe that if they hit a powerful nation painfully enough, they'll just surrender.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6866 on: April 10, 2024, 03:32:38 PM »

Ismail Haniyah’s three sons and three grandsons have been killed in a strike.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6867 on: April 10, 2024, 05:28:45 PM »

All active Hamas members, it looks like - Israel is being very open about having taken them out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6868 on: April 10, 2024, 05:46:56 PM »

Ameer, Hazem and Mohammed Haniyeh were killed near the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City, Hamas said. 
Looks like Hamas admitted it and also said it was near a refugee camp.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6869 on: April 10, 2024, 05:49:49 PM »

Ok, so clearification

There are 133 hostages left. 30 of whom are confirmed dead

Israel wants 40 released in Phase 1. They would be women, men over the age of 50 and young men needing medical care

Hamas claims they do not have 40 hostages who meet the conditions above. Israel has conter asked for hostages that do not meet the above conditions to meet the 40 quota

The male to female ratio of the remaining hostages is unknown. Same for age or military/civilan
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6870 on: April 10, 2024, 06:43:25 PM »

Where's the $8 Billion?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5k9APjugeJ/

I think we know where most of the money went now.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6871 on: April 10, 2024, 10:34:10 PM »

Sadly, self-sabotage (and sabotage of the entire community they claim to represent) has been a key trait of groups like this for decades. Not just among the Palestinian cause, either - terrorists really seem to believe that if they hit a powerful nation painfully enough, they'll just surrender.

It's not exactly unexpected, is it? Another pattern with terrorist groups is that they seem to assume that everyone of the same faith will automatically be on their side. Granted, I think some Palestinians are more sympathetic to Hamas than they should be, but I do fear for the lives of the Palestinians who don't align with Hamas.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #6872 on: April 11, 2024, 09:29:25 AM »

Because making Jews suffer has always come before tactical considerations or anything else
Flyersfan232

« Reply #6873 on: April 12, 2024, 10:04:40 AM »

they wont they will go down fighting they need to take as a many civilian to make israel look like the bad guys
omar04

« Reply #6874 on: April 12, 2024, 09:19:13 PM »

All active Hamas members, it looks like - Israel is being very open about having taken them out.

The three children killed were 4,8 and 10 years old respectively.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 294  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies