Politically, does old age increase “educational attainment”?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:00:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Politically, does old age increase “educational attainment”?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politically, does old age increase “educational attainment”?  (Read 204 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2024, 11:33:23 PM »

In a way, living for 5+ decades is a form of education in itself even if the person lacks a formal degree. Should this sort of “education” be considered when we discuss educational polarization?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 01:58:10 AM »

I would say only when it comes to the current younger generations. Boomers and Xers seem prone to be more gullible in their advanced ages.

But maybe I'm just stereotyping.

For an answer as it pertains to myself, I've always been left-leaning, probably always will be, but as I've gotten older, I have gotten less idealistic and more pragmatic, which might fall into what you are suggesting here.
kwabbit

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 11:06:16 AM »

Yes, I think so. Of course it isn't really education that's behind educational polarization, but the worldview that often comes along with education, that mainly being high institutional trust. That's correlated with age, not necessarily because of being older itself but the US was a higher trust society back then and it imbued them with that worldview.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies