My timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:20:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  My timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My timeline  (Read 6463 times)
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« on: February 21, 2024, 06:19:32 AM »

As a NEPA resident, I have to applaud the inclusion of Paige Cognetti as a speaker at the convention; maybe I missed it, but what office is she holding in this timeline?  I assume she’s moved up from the mayorship of Scranton; does she hold Cartwright’s district now?

Fun timeline!  Not gonna lie, when I first saw it was a self timeline, I was worried it would be self-aggrandizing, but I really enjoyed reading through!
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 07:59:26 AM »

As a NEPA resident, I have to applaud the inclusion of Paige Cognetti as a speaker at the convention; maybe I missed it, but what office is she holding in this timeline?  I assume she’s moved up from the mayorship of Scranton; does she hold Cartwright’s district now?

Fun timeline!  Not gonna lie, when I first saw it was a self timeline, I was worried it would be self-aggrandizing, but I really enjoyed reading through!

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

I didn't specify Cognetti's title here. However, a quick spoiler alert. It's Congresswoman due to redistricting in 2030. Stay tuned.

While I have made-up characters, particularly on my campaign team, I'm also trying to make this as if I were actually a politician running for President. So many of these roles people have are future predictions. I think if Cartwright retires, loses re-election (unlikely in my opinion), or gets an ambassadorship and resigns his seat, Cognetti has an excellent chance of being the Democratic nominee for Congress.

It was really cool to see a (currently) local pol featured by a poster from another state (I’m assuming, unless you just really like NC as a forum av).

And I concur with you, and said as much to her the last time I met her after she gave the opening address at last year’s NEPA Trans Health Conference.  As she was walking down the aisle to leave, I pulled her aside real quick and told her to let me know when she ran for Congress, because I’d happily do data work for her campaign.  She gave me the boilerplate “oh thanks, I’m not really sure about the future, I’m focused on serving the city right now” answer, and when she was done, I said “sure, but let me know when you run for Congress”, and she smirked and winked, so either she’s thinking about it, or she just really wanted to disengage from the convo and go have lunch.   😆
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies