What US states (and counties) have you been to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:48:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What US states (and counties) have you been to?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Author Topic: What US states (and counties) have you been to?  (Read 52231 times)
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2024, 10:13:20 PM »

(click for full size)

I need 26 more counties to reach my goal of getting 1,000 by the end of the year.

I like the mob-rule map. If you are collecting counties, you might want to look into the Extra Miler Club. There's both a formal club and a Facebook group. They give certificates for members who get to 1000 counties (and 2000 and 3000).

Thanks. I don't plan on collecting every county - I have better things to do with my time and money than zigzag across every Kansas cornfield county, etc - but I do plan to get all Western counties and half overall eventually.

Currently on a trip through the Midwest (and went through a lot of corn fields in different states) and I’m kinda starting to agree with you. Even with my added bonus/challenge of seeing birds in all of the counties, it’s a lot of driving through nothing. Still want all 50 states and would also like to get everything out west.

There's a definite overlap between birders and county collectors. The president of the Extra Miler Club for county collectors is a serious birder.

I can definitely see the room for overlap! If you’re going to go to all of those counties, it’s nice to have even more of a reason. I know some county collectors take photos of the county courthouse.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2024, 09:05:48 PM »

(click for full size)

I need 26 more counties to reach my goal of getting 1,000 by the end of the year.

I like the mob-rule map. If you are collecting counties, you might want to look into the Extra Miler Club. There's both a formal club and a Facebook group. They give certificates for members who get to 1000 counties (and 2000 and 3000).

Thanks. I don't plan on collecting every county - I have better things to do with my time and money than zigzag across every Kansas cornfield county, etc - but I do plan to get all Western counties and half overall eventually.

Currently on a trip through the Midwest (and went through a lot of corn fields in different states) and I’m kinda starting to agree with you. Even with my added bonus/challenge of seeing birds in all of the counties, it’s a lot of driving through nothing. Still want all 50 states and would also like to get everything out west.

There's a definite overlap between birders and county collectors. The president of the Extra Miler Club for county collectors is a serious birder.

I can definitely see the room for overlap! If you’re going to go to all of those counties, it’s nice to have even more of a reason. I know some county collectors take photos of the county courthouse.

My wife records the first quilt shop she visits in a county. She has 435 counties with quilt shops.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2024, 09:38:07 PM »

Purple = Lived in
Red = Spent the night in
Orange = Visited (deliberately, not just stopping)
Yellow = Drove/rode a train through
Lime = layover
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies