Is there a state that’s going to swing left this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:19:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is there a state that’s going to swing left this year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there a state that’s going to swing left this year?  (Read 605 times)
iceman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 28, 2024, 02:09:45 AM »

If there is, which ones do you think?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 02:39:01 AM »

Are you only referring to the states that are holding gubernatorial elections this year?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 10:52:21 PM »

Delaware. LBR is probably more dynamic than most Delaware politicians, and Biden's a native son.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 07:45:52 PM »

New Hampshire has a good chance of doing so, since it'll be an open race this time, but I guess that depends on whether Ayotte wins the primary and how strong she'll be compared to the D candidate.

I'm hoping against hope Montana swings left too, but that's mostly due to how much I hate Gianforte.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 09:28:59 PM »

Not a state, but Suburban Atlanta is a likely contender due to demographics. If not it likely stagnates. Also Wisconsin if the polls are correct, but that state tends to overestimate "D"s.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 07:06:49 PM »

Gubernatorially? Here are the ones that are at least reasonably possible (ranked from most to least obvious)

1. IN definitely does (Holcomb won by over 30 in 2020, Rainwater will likely draw quite a few votes from Braun, though less than 2020, and most of all, McCormick seems like a very strong candidate, very much this cycle's Hofmeister)

2 (way tie). Solid chance UT does (Cox won by a solid 33 points in 2020); NH probably will, considering Sununu's retiring and won by a pretty solid margin in 2022 (I don't see Republicans managing it again)

3. Decent chance ND does (Burgum was reelected by 40 points in 2020 - though then again, downballot Rs always do insanely well in ND)

4. Underrated possibility that NC does (Robinson's such a kook that although it's unlikely, I could see a 2022 PA-GOV kinda result, obviously on a less dramatic scale, where Stein wins by quite a bit more than the polls suggest)

5. VT Dems might just have a dead cat's bounce...there has to be a point where even Unbeatable Titan Scott reaches his ceiling

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies